Artifex’s mission is to exceed industry standards for building construction and design and to work as an efficient and technically knowledgeable group. We are “team players” with a “can do” attitude. We constantly strive to be better performers, ever expanding the company’s scope and capabilities.
Originally founded as Artifex Inc. in 1994, Artifex has a solid background in structure and design and has built many multi-unit, single family and commercial spaces throughout Chicagoland. Artifex Construction mixes funkiness and designer details with affordability in the installation of beautiful stones and mosaics, finish trim, and cabinetry. Vice President Dan Zolkowski holds both Business and Carpentry degrees and has almost 20 years of building experience.
Artifex handles the following:
- Preparing a budget and bid package consisting of specifications and scope of work
- Coordinating and scheduling work to meet fiscal and aesthetic goals
- Reviewing and approving each contractor’s work
- Reviewing and approving all contractor invoices and waivers
- Insures that all work is accomplished professionally and is guaranteed
- In 2009, Artifex flexed its philanthropic muscle by building a beautiful commercial kitchen for First Slice. First Slice is a non-profit Ravenswood organization which feeds high-quality, gourmet meals to homeless teens. Artifex donated field supervision, demolition, dropped ceiling work and cabinetry installation.
- Artifex has recently lent its building expertise to various children’s theatrical productions at Hawthorne Scholastic Academy in Lakeview and St. Matthias Church in Lincoln Square.
- Artifex is a generous annual supporter of Chicago’s respected Polish Welfare Association
- Artifex work with Metro HomeChicago on Portico, an upscale west Loop townhouse project, and several high-end Cleveland Avenue single family homes, was featured in Licensed Architect magazine, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2002